If the court has made an order that you are unhappy about, you must make arrangements to apply to the court of have the order varied, set aside or appealed. You must not simply ignore an order.

Even if you think an order is wrong, you must nonetheless obey it. “A court order, made by a court having jurisdiction to make it, stands and is binding and conclusive unless it is set aside on appeal or lawfully quashed”: R. v. Wilson, [1983] 2 S.C.R. 594 (S.C.C.).

“It is elementary that so long as … an order of the court remains in force it must be obeyed.” Paul Magder Furs Ltd. v. Ontario (Attorney General) (1991), 6 O.R. (3d) 188 (Ont. C.A.).